Thu, Aug 11|
Understand the Service Contract Labor Standards
If you are competing for the award of a service contract or performing a service contract and administering your responsibilities under the SCLS, this presentation will assist you in understanding your SCA obligations and compliance requirements.
Time & Location
Aug 11, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM CDT
About the event
The Service Contract Labor Standards (SCLS) and the regulations implementing SCLS are some of the most challenging requirements for contractors and for contracting agencies involved in federal contracts for services. If you are competing for the award of a service contract or performing a service contract and administering your responsibilities under the SCLS, this presentation will assist you in understanding your SCA obligations and compliance requirements. This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Determining SCLS applicability (and difference between SCLS and Davis Bacon Act)
- Appropriately classifying service employees per the Directory of Occupations
- Explanation of wage determinations
- Calculating health and welfare – fixed vs average calculation method
- Defining bona fide fringe benefits
- Administering vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Impact of a Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Responsibilities of successor contractors
- Prime/sub relationship and responsibilities
- Recordkeeping requirements
- Audit and consequences of SCLS violations
INSTRUCTOR: SHERI BUCHANAN, Redstone Government Consulting, Inc.
Sheri joined Redstone Government Consulting, Inc. in December 2012 as a Human Resources Consultant. She provides HR consulting services on a wide range of issues, from specific projects to an ongoing outsourced solution of the human resources function. Sheri has experience in providing a comprehensive assessment of HR practices, establishing and implementing policies and practices, contract transition efforts/onboarding, compensation planning, executive compensation analysis for determination of reasonableness, labor category benchmarking for proposal efforts, and investigations. Sheri has a wealth of experience in navigating the many compliance challenges associated with Service Contract Act. She stays abreast of the various requirements of the Department of Labor and, of great importance to government contractors, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, as well as other federal and state regulations impacting human resources.